It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:53 pm 
Site Headhunter
University of Caprica Research ship Sundog
Day 82

Captain David Evans made his way into the small engine room of the agro ship. After a few moments, he saw his chief engineer stand up from behind a control panel. David smiled "Joe, what's on your mind? You know how hard it is to sneak away at dinner time."

Joe Heaton took a rag out of his back pocket and started to rub some grease off of his hands, "The kids wanted me to talk to you about something."

"Well Joe, what's up?"

"You and Stacey are taking tomorrow off. Sorry, Kyle and Susan got the fact your wedding anniversary is tomorrow out of me. Well, one thing led to another and everyone..."

Evans took a deep breath and smiled, "Thanks, but I have a Captain's Union meeting tomorrow. Besides, Teddy is sick and we're too busy to take off."

"Dr. Needham has already volunteered to watch the kids and Kyle agreed to babysit the ship while I go to the Union meeting. Besides, Captain Cota-Robles on Catalina has set aside the Honeymoon suite for you two." Joe grinned, "You two are getting off this ship tomorrow, its all been arranged...no way out of this one."

David smiled, "So, are you warning me so I can act surprised while Stacey joyfully cries?"

"Yup...I've known you two too well and for too long. Get off the ship for a night and have some fun. We'll still be here when you're ready to come back. Just bring Teddy back something or he'll be an unhappy camper..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:54 pm 
Site Headhunter
Battlestar Intrepid - Lower port landing bay
Day 83

"Ranger Four, this is flight control. Please confirm that your DRADIS beacon has been switched to Raptor IFF.

Can they pack anything else in this frakker? Lt. JG Robert "Corky" Kozlov quickly glanced up a small equipment panel near his head, "Roger Flight Control, craft is in Raptor IFF Ident mode. Final checklist is complete. Requesting clearance for take off."

"Ranger Four, your are clear for take off. Proceed per flight plan to the four kilometer marker at one-eight-zero degrees.

"Roger Flight Control; lifting off and proceeding four kilometers from fleet at one-eight-zero degrees. Ranger Four out."

For the next couple of minutes, the scout proceeded to the rear of the fleet. Corky looked out at the fleet and the shuttle scurrying between ships. As he cleared past Taurus, the pilot called back to control, "Intrepid Flight Control, this is Ranger Four. I'm holding at the four kilometer marker. All systems are nominal at this time...requesting permission to proceed with mission."

"Ranger Four, you are cleared to proceed. Good hunting, sir."

"Roger Flight Control and thanks. Ranger Four out."

Three seconds later, the scout jumped away on its five-day mission.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:33 pm 
Site Headhunter
Cylon Baseship CIC
Day 83

Three frowned as she looked at the assembled Cylons, "We have no idea where they are. Adama and Cain are getting almost on top of each other while Jacobs and Rodrigues drift closer. If this keeps up, we could end up with all of them finding each other. This would be bad..."

"Three, you worry too much." One said with a hint of disdain. "If they were all in one spot, it would make our jobs a lot easier...obliterate them all in one strike with the combined strength of our fleet. I would welcome it!"

Two looked at the One with a raised eyebrow, "Jacob is methodical. Cain is relentless. Adama anticipates our moves. Rodrigues finds ways to counter us in ways we least expect it. It may be a good idea for your line to have them all in one spot, but combined..."

"If we have them all in one spot, we can eliminate them in one swift attack." Five said matter-of factly. "I doubt it will happen...although it would make it easier. God knows that our agents have been ineffective. They couldn't even gun down Adama right! And the one that calls herself 'Boomer' is now spewing..."

"We are attempting to ease our sister back in the fold." The Eight glared coldly at Five. "Remember, if your operative had gotten to Galacticas' Engineering room, the old battlestar would have been space debris."

"Enough, all of you" Four said calmly. "Bickering gets us nowhere and it does not resolve the issue of where the Colonials are. We must come up with a plan or wait for our remaining operatives to act."

"Yes, to continue to bicker is counter-productive." Six said with a smile. "Our operative on Intrepid stated she would be able to act soon. Give her time."

"Time is something we are running out of if we don't want them to find each other, sister." One stated coldly. "Jacobs and Rodrigues must not be allowed to find each other. Hopefully, we'll have their heads on a platter before then..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:01 am 
Site Headhunter
Colonial Fueler N7589V
Day 83

Dr. Bertrand Rousseau adjusted his tracing bracelet to where it would not bother his left wrist so much. Even though he was a prisoner, he served in the 'non-prison' section of the refinery. All prisoners in this area monitored electronically and by guards. If he were to get out of line, a jailer just had to tap a button on a remote control and he or she would be knocked out by an electrical shock. Bertrand had seen it used on a prisoner that got into a fight with a civilian engineer. To put up a struggle would be futile.

It had been a quiet day in the ships' infirmary. Cuts, bruises and typical health checkups was the general 'fare'. Lt. Angela Freitag served as the ships' Chief Medical officer along with two other doctors and four nurses. The staff was relatively 'green' when it came to experience. Although the rest of the staff treated Dr. Rousseau standoffishly, Dr. Freitag did come to him for advice and his opinion.

Bertrand had just finished giving a prisoner his physical when he heard the sounds of gurney wheels and running foot steps. He stuck his head outside the exam-area curtain and was greeted with the glare of a guard.

"Aren't you supposed to be doing something, Doc?" the guard snarled.

"Prisoner's exam is complete, you can take him back to his cell." Rousseau said in a calm tone. "I was just looking out to tell you and to see if we had an emergency."

The guard threw open the curtain and motioned for the prisoner to come with him. "Yeah, but she's dead already...a jumper. From the looks of it, she landed face-first into a pile of tylium rocks. It's sad."

"Of course it is!" the doctor said with a hint of disdain for the guards tone of voice.

"Yeah...because she was one of the prettier prisoners." the guard said with a cold smile. "I'll be back to take you back to your cell in an hour, Doc. Don't stick your nose outside the door...you might find it shocking."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:45 pm 
Site Headhunter
Catalina
Day 83

David and Stacey Evans watched the 'sunset' from the balcony of their suit on the Catalina. The 'sounds' and 'smells' of the ocean filled the dome beach area.

Stacey smiled as she took a sip of wine, "You know, we would have never gotten Teddy off of the beach. Knowing our little joy, he'd want to keep digging until he found the other side of Caprica..."

"We would have never gotten Elly out of the water. I wonder how everyone is doing back on the ship?"

"Well, Dr. Needham is wrestling Teddy to take a bath, Elly is reading a story to the cats...and everyone else is winding down for the day." Stacey then looked over the balcony again, "And then there is Joe..."

"Sitting through that Captain's Union meeting." David said with a faux 'wince' on his face. "I know this much, honey."

"What?"

David laughed, "He'll never volunteer to go to another meeting ever again! I'm up for one of the bars...lets see what there is to do on this beast. How about you? "

"Thought you would never ask." Stacey walked back into the suite, "I love the kids, you know I do...but we are going to take advantage of this 'night off' and get some fun in."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:58 am 
Site Headhunter
Ranger Four
Day 84

Lt. JG Robert "Corky" Kozlov had been on long-range patrol for nearly a day and a half. He had just finished a round of scans that once again showed nothing.

Nothing is better than finding a baseship on top of me, Corky thought while he was yawning. Another day and a half of this and then I have a choice of ten place the fleet could be. I'm so ready for a shower and a hot meal.

"Voice recorder activated at 1746, day two of my mission. Coordinate set ten showed no activity...friend or otherwise. Preparing to jump to set eleven and commence long distance scans. Preparing to jump."

Kozlov entered his password and selected preset eleven for the jump. "FTL is green. Jumping in 5...4...3...2...1...jump.

With a sudden green flash, the scout disappeared only moments later to 'rematerialize' in another location. Immediately, the DRADIS alarms went off. In the distance, Corky saw several green flashes.

"What the frak was that?!" he shouted at the top of his lungs. Training kicked in as he punched the button for the emergency coordinates and waited for the FTL to re-spool. He moved his craft in the opposite direction of the flashes at full speed.

"Spool faster, dammit! No contacts as of this time on DRADIS...but if they were Cylon, they may have seen me and its only a matter of time. Can jump again in 75 seconds. Engaging all scanners to detect possible Cylon activity."

Time seemed to pass agonizingly slow for the pilot. Finally, the FTL light turned from red to green. Kozlov didn't even bother to count down out loud like he was supposed to. He turned the jump key and shouted, "Jump!"

When the Ranger Scout arrived at its new location, the pilot did a quick check of his craft while he allowed his FTL to take a full 'charge'. He entered the password that locked in the first location the fleet was supposed to be. "Frak...It'll be over a day before I'm there!"

Kozlov then turned his attention to the video recorder. He could review the footage that was shot faster that he could pull up the spectrometer scans.

The footage monitor came to life, paused on the opening frame of when the scout entered the area. It looked like his craft appeared as several ships jumped away at the same moment. He couldn't tell what kind of craft they were. That many...maybe it was a Cylon raider search team. I can check the radio spectrum data after the next jump.

Something caught the pilots eye at the end of the footage. The camera was in a panning motion when it had entered the new area. He thought saw something, so he slowed the footage to frame-by-frame after rewinding.

What he saw in the last twenty-two frames shocked him...

...it looked to be the engine housings of a Colonial warship 'dematerializing', as if looking from the rear. A Mercury-class battlestar engine housings to be exact.

"Holy frak!" Corky mutter. "That looked to be one of ours..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 4:20 am 
Site Headhunter
Battlestar Intrepid - Fleet CAG Office
Day 84

"You summoned me, Major?" Lt. Kevin Butler asked after the hatch shut behind him.

Major Bruce Lazwell looked up from his desk. "Yes, have a seat Battle Master...we need to talk about something."

Butler had a seat, "Hopefully, none of the other pilots have caused any problems?"

"No, this is about you and Major Watkins." the FCAG stated matter-of-factly. "I want to discuss something with you that I talked to her about today."

"Okay." What the frak is going on?

"I know you two have a relationship, and so do many of the other pilots." Lazwell said. "I know with the stresses of we're under. Although I do not agree with this and old regulations frowned upon it, I've tried to look the other way."

"Look the other way?" Kevin said with a hint of anger. "What do you mean, sir?"

"Shortly after the Cylon attacks, there were some who complained about you two and her showing possible favoritism towards you. When you were promoted to CAG, a couple of people protested the move and felt that it was unwarranted."

"With all do respect, what the Major and I do on our off time is none of their business, sir. I can damn well guarantee that I was not squad leader or CAG because of who I may or may not have been frakking."

"Oh, I agree Kevin. As for frakking, someone recorded you two while on Taurus days after the Black Hats were moved over there...they sent me an audio tape. Would you like to listen to it?" Maj. Lazwell stated calmly, "I need you two to make sure you keep business and pleasure separate. Listen, you are a damn good CAG and will more than likely be Captain soon...just keep personal and professional separated."

"Understood." Kevin was not happy, no matter how Maj. Lazwell tried to soften things. "That may be easier to do since she only talks to me about 'business' as of late. Guess this explains a lot of things."

"She's caught more flack about it than you know, Kevin. The last few complaints were sent to Col. Wilson and then forwarded to me. As you know, the Colonel can lack tact at times. Did you know about that?"

"No...no I did not." Kevin said with genuine surprise. "Sabrina has mentioned nothing of this to me."

"Well, keep a lid on it and just do your best to do what I asked you." Bruce could tell that Butler was shocked and possibly concerned. "Let a day or so pass and let me talk to Sabrina...I'll let her know about this chat and that there were things you didn't know. If this has been the cause of tension, maybe this will ease things for the both of you."

"I would appreciate that."

"I may be Fleet CAG, but I'm not an inhuman, uncaring jackass...no matter what other people say behind my back." Lazwell said with a smile. "Will you do this for me?"

"Sure...I can do this if it takes heat off of Sabrina." Kevin said. I want to know who the frak has been running their mouths. I'm still halfway tempted to park my boot cross-ways up a jerks' ass.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:07 am 
Site Headhunter
Lycanthrope - CO's Quarters
D85

Captain Merton stood at the bathroom sink and rubbing his face. Hot water poured into the stoppered sink, the steam lofted into the air slowly. As he grabbed for the for a rag he had placed in the water, there was a knock at his hatch. He knew who it was, "Enter, old friend."

Lycanthrope XO Ivan Shirenko entered and closed the hatch behind him. In his left hand was a folder. "Morning, old friend. How did you sleep?"

"As well as can be expected these days. Anything of note on the night watch?" The Captain continued to get ready to shave by softening up his facial stubble with the moist rag.

"Nothing too glamorous, boss. Nothing from the Admiral or Commander. The other civilian ships were quiet." Ivan paused, "The main thing of note is that there will be a fleet jump at 0800. Full 'fleet' legs for this one."

Merton took the now hot and wet rag from his face, "It's been a few days since we've gone full-fleet length for a jump. I'd love to know why they've been doing short jumps as of late."

"You're not the only one...several people in CIC have noticed, too. Continuing, nothing to note of interest in flight patterns of any craft. Normal night for the Raptors, Vipers and Scouts." the XO paused for a moment, "Although one Scout has not returned yet."

"Long scouting mission, more than likely. A good chance it will return right before the jump." Merton reached for the shaving cream and started to lather up his face. "Jacobs and Guynes are predictable on that. Anything else of note?"

"Ammo resupply and shuttle parts from Taurus will arrive at 1400. We're also slated to get some fuel from Colonial Fueler in two days." Ivan looked up from the folder, "Automated transfer...no prisoners involved. We have a few internal repairs that will be taken care of today."

Before Merton picked up his razor, he pulled a pen from his pants pocket. Ivan handed the folder to the Captain. Within moments, he quickly signed off on all of the paperwork. "So, what is the morning meal in the galley?"

"Reconstituted scrambled eggs, toast, oatmeal. Beverage choices of milk, coffee, water or that dry-mix orange crap." Ivan said with a smile.

Merton raised an eyebrow and smiled, "Hey, I happen like that orange reconstituted crap...helps get those rubbery reconstituted eggs down. It's better than the milk."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:51 pm 
Site Headhunter
Battlestar Intrepid
Day 85

The Cylon Six model known as Brenda Holliwell had spent her first hour off-duty wandering though the corridors of the battlestar. Although the the walk to many would seem aimless and random, for Brenda it was part of her well-measured plan to avoid detection and to see if she was being followed. Finally, she arrived at a hatch marked '1125' in hallway that had very light traffic at this time of day.

Brenda entered the small room very quickly. It was a storage closet full of cleaning supplies. The crew members who use this room are here at 1100 hours to clean everything in the area while the late night crew sleeps. Time to take advantage of this lull.

Quickly, Brenda moved a wooden crate and pulled a screw driver from a pocket on her jumpsuit. After a a few moments, she had opened an air vent cover. The Cylon could feel the breeze of air going into the vent. On her hands and knees, Brenda grabbed for the item she was looking for: A somewhat stylish light coat.

The seams are all intact and it, Six thought as she reviewed the inside lining of the coat. Good...they never found it after it was stashed here. It still is a little stiff, but I can carry it in a way no one will even consider it out of the ordinary.

After a few minutes, the vent cover and crate were back in place. Brenda waited several more minutes, listening for footsteps outside the hatch. Finally, she re-entered the empty corridor and the Cylon made her way to her bunk.

Brenda moved quietly through the dark room and carefully opened the door to her locker. She put the coat on a hanger and stripped down to her undergarments. Then retrieved a small box and slipped quietly into her rack. With the curtain drawn, the Cylon went to work piecing together a simple switch and connecting batteries to it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:26 pm 
Site Headhunter
Fleet
Day 85

Ranger Four jumped into the fleet area as scheduled. Lt. JG Robert "Corky" Kozlov hailed Intrepid as he closed on the battlestar. "Intrepid Flight Control, this is Ranger Four returning from the mission. I have priority data that needs to be examined."

<"Ranger Four, you have priority landing on port side top deck. Will advise Command of your report. Fleet jumps in five minutes, ETA to landing is three...">

Lycanthrope
Same time

Captain Merton smiled as a Raptor ID came up the DRADIS. He looked over at his XO, "Like we said...predictable, Ivan."

"Admiral needs to shake things up a bit more in that area." Ivan said. "Ship reports ready to jump."

"Good, we'll be going at the same time with Taurus." Merton said plainly. "From the looks of it, this is just another quiet jump..."

Fleet

The fleet moved effortlessly though the void. All seemed calm and in order. Then, one by one, there were green flashes. It started with Taurus and Lycanthrope then it was quickly followed by the other civilians ships. Finally, the Intrepid was the only ship remaining. Moments later, it too was gone in a green flash.

Jump fifty-two since the Exodus began was complete.

-------
End of Episode
Intrepid Episode #17: Beacon in the Night, Part 2 will start 8/31/10

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2