It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:53 pm 
Site Headhunter
Battlestar Intrepid - CIC
Day 67

Maj. Bruce Lazwell entered the CIC and went directly to the Command Table. He popped a salute, “Good morning, Admiral. You wanted to see me?”’

Jacobs quickly returned the salute, “Yes and thank you for joining me and Colonel Petrivich. Steven, continue with your report.”

“Yes sir. I’ve deployed additional marines out the fleet today to assist ship security with any possible celebrations that may get out of hand today. I’m expecting a quiet day, but the captains wanted the additional help, just in case.”

The admiral shook his head in agreement, “Colonel, you’ve done well. I’d like you here in CIC just before 1200 when the release the results. It should go smoothly, but lets stay on our toes. Major Lazwell, this is where you come in. I want and increased patrol presence today in the fleet.”

“I had anticipated the request, sir.” Lazwell said. “Wild Angels and Black Hats squadrons will be on full patrol starting at 1100 hours. I’ll also have two rangers out in the fleet listening to traffic.”

Thomas Jacobs looked at the two officers gathered around the table, “Very good. This is a good day for the fleet, but I want anyone who is thinking about pulling a stunt to have a moment of pause. Lets hope any fighting stays in political circles and without bloodshed…”

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:58 pm 
Site Headhunter
Hydrus – Agro Dome #12
Day 67

A tall, dark and very well-built man stood looking at the fruit trees and checking the apples. Bryant Dillon tried to keep the happenings of the fleet out of his mind. To many, the re-installment of a governing body is considered a success.

But not to the Warlord of the People’s Liberation Army…it was a bitter day.

Our numbers are still too small for a proper action…especially since they have increased their marine presence on all the ships. Captain Byrum had to take on the additional grunts or face questions. Instead, he decided to protect our cover for a future day.

Dillon pulled out his pocketknife and cut an apple open, checking the seeds. Now is to plant the seeds of the future. By the gun or through bending of wills, we will take control of the fleet and lead the people on to a better day…

Through the dome glass, the Warlord could see the Intrepid in the distance. As he frowned, he felt an apple half start to give in to the crushing strength of his hand. …and remove the shackles of the military rule from the people. The Admiral will be the death of us yet if he keeps engaging the Cylons instead of running. We need to keep running and jumping…not fighting overwhelming forces.

Last edited by jdctexas on Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:58 pm 
Site Headhunter
Lycanthrope CIC
Day 67

(By Silon)

No one audibly cheered, but there was a noticeable release of tension. They were back with the Intrepid fleet.

“Never thought I’d be so glad to see such a hodge podge collection of ships.” Gwen Wyatt said, looking at the various blips on the DRADIS.

“Home sweet home.” Merton said sincerely. “Let’s hope everything’s been fine since we left.”

He picked up the handset, and made a head motion to Paula Gold, the Communications Officer.

Lycanthrope to Intepid; this is Merton. It was a cylon trap: no other colonial ships. But we’re fine and so is Lt. Butler. How about a tyllium refill?”

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:20 am 
Site Headhunter
Nimbus - Convention
Day 67

The Cylon Three known as Kayla sat in the bathroom stall and breathed a sigh of relief as she took an alcohol cleaning pad to the last explosives vial. She then sat the vial next to the others on top of the metal toilet paper dispenser.

Kayla then took off her shoes and retrieved items she had hidden in the hollowed out heels. After retrieving some items from her jacket and briefcase, she quickly assembled the two-shot pistol and slid it into her right dress pocket.

Next, she disassembled a writing pen that had a thin metal cylinder hidden in it. Carefully, Kayla ran it through the pre-cut areas of the vials. She made sure that the explosives and rod were snug. Kayla knew it had to work the first time...there would be no second chances.

Finally, she made sure the EarTunes player was off, and stripped off the earbuds, exposing the wires. After taking off more of the plastic shielding, Kayla took the wires and connected one on each end of the metal rod. She secured the ends and wrapped the vials with the clear tape she had gotten ahold of days earlier.

Satisfied with her work, Kayla placed the assembled bomb in her left coat pocket. After she left the bathroom, the Cylon made her way to her seat and waited for the session to start.

Scanning the room, she noted the marines between her and the podium. I got lucky with the seating, as the humans would say. Only two marines between me and the stage...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:43 pm 
Site Headhunter
Nimbus - Convention
Day 67

The room turned silent as Convention Chairman Patrick Greene approached the podium. He looked across the packed room with no emotion, picked up the gavel and hammered the final meeting into session.

Anthony Ito had completed a roll call minutes before the start of the meeting. He stood in back of the room watching his boss. well, here we go...time to see what fate has in store for us.

Helen Goodland stood to the side of the podium as Greene spoke at the start of the session. For the first time in weeks. Her job was nearly done. The Chairman glanced at her as she was somewhat daydreaming. It was time to give him the envelope. With a smile, she retrieved it and gave it to him. Calmly, she left the stage and made her way to the back of the auditorium. This job and occasional nightmare is over...

Kayla Welch just sat in her chair...waiting for the results.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:08 pm 
Site Headhunter
Nimbus - Convention
Day 67

Patrick Greene smiled as Helen walked away, even though on the inside he was nervous. For Greene, a lot rode on this vote.

"Ladies and Gentlemen of the convention, with out any further delay, it is time to find out who will be the Interim President and his two voted for assistants. I will start from the bottom up."

Slowly, Greene opened the envelope and retrieved the results. "The second elected assistant is Kelly Washburn."

There were cheers and groans in the crowd along the lines of who aligned with who. This was a Patrick Greene man and thought to be running neck and neck for the top spot.

Ah shit... was the only thing Anthony Ito could think.

"The first elected assistant is Malcolm Poulastides." Greene said with no emotion. This was a middle of the road person that would be a possible wild card for any plans that were made.

Finally, Patrick looked down at the last name on the list. It was the one he didn't want running things temporarily...but he was the chosen of the convention.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, the person you have selected as Interim President is...Carl Rattiford"

A cheer rang throughout the hall and everyone rose to their feet...even those who did not vote for Rattiford. As the new Interim President reached the podium, he shook hands with Patrick Greene. Moments later, the Chairman of the Convention started to make his way to the back to where Anthony Ito was.

All is not lost...the game is just begining.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:36 pm 
Site Headhunter
Nimbus - Convention
Day 67

After several minutes of applause, Interim President Carl Rattiford finally got the crowd to set down. He smiled as he looked across the hall, "I want to thank you all for electing me and placing your trust in me. to tell you the truth, I'm still waiting for a comedian to come out with a camera crew and say, 'Gotcha...you fell for it!'"

With that the assembled laughed and gave a short applause. Rattiford then began his speech of how he saw the elections going and what he planned to to to bring all sides together to form a government.

Major Davis scanned the hall from her second level perch. At least they didn't pick the Greene fraktard to set everything up.

Helen Goodland stood at a rear entrance and smiled as well. As soon as he stops talking and everyone leaves, my job here is done.

Patrick Greene and Anthony Ito sat a table near the back of the room not too far from Goodland. Both were stone-faced and taking notes. The plans for their next steps were forming.

Helen glance over at the two political veterans, If you two crapped a brick, then this was all worth it...

After President Rattiford was several minutes into his speech, Kayla Welch, member of the Pride of Aquaria delegation, reached into her jacket for the gun and slid it into her hand. The podium was just a short distance and only two guards were somewhat in the way.

Getting past the first guard was easy enough because she guarded a door leading to a hallway to the right of Rattiford on the far side of the podium. The second guard was not so easy.

Kayla saw her chance and rushed the stage.

"Where do you think..." the marine stopped in mid-sentence when she produced a small, derringer type pistol seemingly out of nowhere and shot him. As the sound rang out, she rushed the stage; convention security and the marines were moving in when she grabbed the president.

"Frak!" Major Davis said, "All teams to the podium!"

Helen Goodland frantically reached for her service revolver. As she started up the aisle, a rush of people pushed her back as they fled in a panic. She fell to the side of the mob in a row of empty chairs.

The Cylon smiled as she held President Rattiford in front of her, "This is just sixty-seven days late, Mr. President..."

Kayla pressed the power button to the earTunes player in her suit jacket and closed her eyes. The plastic explosives detonated, taking out the Three model, the president and most of the conference hall.

The mighty starliner shook from the force of the explosion. Her lights temporarily went out. The bridge was a scene of chaos as Captrain Barrington and crew regained control of the Nimbus

"Get me Intrepid and get the medical personnel to the convention." the captain shouted. "Dear Gods, help us all..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:56 pm 
Site Headhunter
Battlestar Intrepid
Day 67

Admiral Jacobs stood in CIC, still in a slight state of shock from the initial reports. Medical crews from Intrepid and Taurus were beginning to land on Nimbus.

"Five minutes until the fleet is spooled and ready to jump, Admiral" Captain Trevors reported. "All vipers and raptors are out. Taurus and Lycanthrope will be the first to jump to the new location with Nimbus going with them."

"Very good. Once we get to the new location, issue secondary coordinates for..."

Jacobs stopped speaking as three new blips appeared on DRADIS. They were still some distance away...but it did not take long for the IDs to come up.

The Admiral slammed his fist into the command table, "Cylon baseships, Captain Trevors, put us between the Toasters and the fleet..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:51 pm 
Site Headhunter
Lycanthrope
Day 67

(by Sil)

“Dradis! Three baseships!” Gwen Wyatt shouted, while looking up at the display.

Cylons.” Merton spat the word out like poison, “Continue jump prep!"

“What about Ivan? What about Nimbus?” Paul Gold asked worriedly. Only minutes ago, news of an explosion aboard the convention ship had reached the jumpstar. And no word from Shirenko, Lycanthrope’s XO and Convention delegate.

Merton turned to the young woman. “Ivan’s tough; he can take care of himself. I’m sure he’s lending a hand.”

“Explosion inside the convention, and now baseships….”, Wyatt added. “Nimbus could have damage to her jump drive…”

“If she doesn’t jump, she’s finished.” Merton finished the grim scenario. Raising his voice he repeated himself. “Continue jump prep.” The gods be with you and Nimbus, Ivan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:21 pm 
Site Headhunter
Battlestar Taurus
Day 67

"Colonel Wilson, ETA until raiders reach firing range of Intrepid?" Commander Guynes looked at the DRADIS and bit his lower lip.

"Four minutes. They could be trading fire when the Big I jumps." Col. Wilson replied. "Fleet will be ready to jump in three minutes, forty-five seconds."

"Combat land our vipers in one minutes. Tuck the bays in two minutes." Guynes looked at Wilson with concern, "Order the civillians to jump en masse, not in the usual three waves . That may buy the Admiral a few more seconds to get away."

"Aye, sir...but it's going to be close."

"Too close, Dean...too close."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:24 pm 
Site Headhunter
Nimbus
Day 67
(By Sil)

Where was he? What had happened? He wasn’t sure; couldn’t seem to think much. Couldn’t feel anything. But there was noise. People shouting. Chaos. He opened his eyes, nothing was in focus.

“What…? He croaked. And he felt something warm on his left cheek.

“Sir, stay still.” A lovely female voice said. She was there, right in front of him. He could make out the shape of her head, couldn’t make out her facial features. “Medic! Over here!”

He squinted, trying to focus. “Sitrep.”

“Sir?” She didn’t know what that word was, so she ignored it. “You’ve been injured. Don’t try to move. Do you know your name?”

“Shirenko. Captain. “I’m new to Atlantia Just got here last…” He winced. “No. That’s not it…”

“It’s ok, captain. Just lie still.”

“How’s the ship?’ he asked, while lying on his back, his eyes open and trying to take in the blurred images.

A man was here now, kneeling at his side. “Ship’s fine, sir, except for in here. But don’t worry about that right now.”

“I don’t know you.” Shirenko said, while the medic did a quick check of the injured man. “This ain’t Lycan...you ain’t Pack.”

“Name’s Murphy, sir, This is Nimbus.”

Ivan began to get up, but Murphy put his hands on the larger man’s shoulders. “Stay still, sir. You’re injured.”

“Get yer hands off me; I gotta get to CIC, or whatever you call it here. I gotta help.”

“You’re hurt, sir..”

Ivan shoved the man onto his ass. “You’ll be hurt if you’re not careful. Now take me to the CIC.” Slowly, Shirenko sat up. “Remind me…” The room seemed to slightly spin. “Remind me to kick Merton’s ass. Told him I didn’t wanna be here.”

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:02 pm 
Site Headhunter
Battlestar Intrepid
Day 67

"Admiral, all combat landings will be done in thirty seconds." Captain Trevors said as he looked across the command table. "Jumps will occur at the same time. Forty seconds to contact and our jump, sir"

Admiral Jacobs looked at the mass of raiders closing on his ship Rushing to the rear was my frakking mistake and it could cost us all. "As soon as the last viper locks down, execute your jump, Mister Trevors."

As the two men watched the last vipers come into land, a warning tone blared throughout the CIC.

"Admiral, multiple radiological alarms...raiders are firing!" Trevors said in shock, "We were closer than we thought!"

"All guns, open fire!" Jacobs grabbed the handset, "All hands, this is the Admiral: brace for possible incoming nuclear ordinance."

As the Cylon missiles raced for the battlestar, the Intrepid's guns opened fire. As the flak shells exploded, several of the missiles were knocked down.

But not all.

"Admiral, last viper is down, 10 seconds to jump." Capt. Trevors looked at the incoming ordinance. "Nine seconds to missile impact...three missile inbound."

"Have targeting recalculate and brace for contact!" Jacobs watched as the guns took out two missiles. Come on, FTLs...get us out of here!

Trevor watched the jump clock, "Jumping in three..two..."

There were three flashes detected by the inbound raiders: Flak fire, Intrepid jumping...and a nuclear explosion.

As the battlestar jumped, the Cylon missile found it's mark. It rumbled throughout the big ship. For many, the feeling of jumping, impact and being thrown through the air was one that they did not want to repeat.

After a few moments, Thomas Jacobs was helped off the floor by a marine, "SitRep, now!"

Captain Trevors used the top edge of the command table to pull himself up with, "Jump complete...all ships accounted for. Damage control screen showing fires in lower decks and in the auxiliary navigation computer room."

"Send additional crews..." Jacobs screamed in pain and slumped to the floor That has to be a broken rib...frak! "...additional damage control crews to the AuxNav computers."

The marine looked at a medic entering the room, "Over here, now!"

"Delay that...take care of the others first." Jacobs looked at the concerned marine as he slowly stood again. "I'll be fine, son...it's just a bruise or a bump."

The marine and the medic looked at each other for a moment. The medic rushed to the comms station. 2nd Lt. Kelli Darva was somewhat alert on the floor, but was struggling to sit up.

"Distribute second jump coordinates to the fleet, Captain." Jacobs said while holding his left side. "We need more distance from where we were..."

"Aye...sir."

Last edited by jdctexas on Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:09 pm 
Site Headhunter
Nimbus – Convention Area
Day 67

Thomas Jacobs walked the hall leading to the Convention Hall with four armed marines. He could smell the smoke and the stench of burnt wires, wall, tables…and the sick smell of burnt flesh. As he got closer to the great hall, he entered a triage area.

The first person he saw was Patrick Greene. The proud politician sat slumped in a chair with his right arm in a brace and his head bandaged. His face was still bloodied, along with his shirt and suit.

“Admiral…it is good to see you.” Patrick said as he looked up. “Why did it have to be now?”

“I don’t know Patrick, but the Cylons picked the time to come after us.” Jacobs paused for a moment, “We’ll talk more later. Take care of yourself first, that is what matters.”

As he watched the Admiral walk away, all he could do is shake his head. Why…why did all those people have to die? Why did I live?

Dr. Steve Kersh walked quickly alongside a stretcher, “Get her to Intrepid, stat! I can’t do anything more for her here!”

Jacobs looked at the person on the stretcher as it rushed by him. He could see the face of the person…it was his XO, Major Lia Davis. Quickly, Jacobs walked along with the doctor, “Status, Steve!”

“She’s not good, but she’s one of the lucky ones.” Kersh replied as he stopped and watched the stretcher go on. “At least she has a chance to live…but she lost a lot of blood and…”

Tom watched as the doctor bent over to catch his breath, “And Major?”

The doctor leaned his head back for a moment and then looked at the Admiral, “Tom, I had to amputate Lia’s left leg. It was under debris and mangled. If she lives from the injuries and blood loss, it will be a miracle.”

Jacobs closed his eyes, “How many have we lost, Steve.”

“At last count, at least fifty, sir.” Kersh paused, “We still may find more in there, but my hopes are not high for survivors. It’s a scene from Hades in there, Tom.”

“Understood…carry on, doctor. Do the best you can to help the living.” Jacobs walked away slowly with the marine guards. After another minute of weaving through debris and injured, Jacobs entered the burnt, mangled grand hall on Nimbus.

The podium area was non-existent along with the first few rows where seats and tables once stood. As he looked down, he saw that he stood in a small puddle of water and ash. Chairs and tables were up-ended. On the carpet and walls that had not been burnt, he could see patches of blood and occasional flesh. Hell…this is a sick vision of Hell.

A voice was heard from the other side of the room, “I need help…I’ve got a survivor underneath all of these chairs!”

Quickly, Jacobs and the marines moved to the area. As the marines threw the last chairs clear, a woman weakly reached out…her hand collapsing onto the Admiral’s shoe. “Help…me.”

As she was placed on a stretcher, her face became more and more familiar to Tom. As it hit him who she was, the woman spoke, “I failed admiral…and they’re all dead…I failed.”

“Ms. Goodland, that’s the least of our concerns.” Jacobs said as he took her hand. “I’m not worried about the convention…I’m more worried about you and the others living.”

As she was taken away, he heard her mumble, “But they would be alive…if…I had stopped her.”

Jacobs stood in the ruins of the grand hall, head hung low. If there is anyone to blame, it is me. I wanted this convention so the civilians could have a say in things again. I pushed for this along with Greene. Maybe I pushed too hard…

The Admiral heard the movement of a couple of men carrying a stretcher. As he watched it pass by, Tom recognized the face the man whom he could tell was very much dead.

It was Arturo Ohara. Jacobs stopped the men and hung his head low…remembering the words from their last meeting.

Quote:
“And the conditions of Colonial Fueler?” Ohara bristled. “Twelve hour work days with limited breaks and…”

“And three square meals a day, medical treatment, their own bunks and all of it within the colonial laws and military rules.” Jacobs said. “If we were real beasts, all of them would have been airlocked. Cry me a river, Mr. Ohara…

“We’ll take Mr. Ohara from here.” Jacobs said somberly. “Marines, take this man out of here and to where ever they are keeping the dead. I will personally escort him out.”

After they picked up the stretcher, the Admiral and the marines treated Ohara as if he was a fallen comrade, giving him an honor guard as they left the ruins of the room. Jacobs brought up the rear of the group…

Quote:
Cry me a river, Mr. Ohara…

Tears streamed down the face of the Admiral.

Last edited by jdctexas on Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:33 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:24 pm 
Site Headhunter
Cylon Resurrection Ship – Open Space
Day 68

The Three model known as Kayla Welch screamed as she gasped for air. After moments of confusion, she realized where she was. “Resurrection…my mission…”

An older man, dressed in colonial priest robes looked down at her, “Welcome back…and you are among your own. No unwashed, failed human masses here.”

“The humans?”

Another three stood at the edge of the tank, and smiled. “Although we did not destroy them, we did do some damage to their main battlestar. We know of your mission and you have done well.”

Kayla worked hard to focus on the faces around the tank, she looked at one in particular. His skin was dark and he was tall. He stepped closer and took her hand. “You have done well and welcome back to the fold.”

Kayla’s mind raced with the visions of her recent dream. Quickly, her eyes scanned for another person in the room.

The Simon looked at her quizzically, “What is wrong? Surely you are just feeling the effects of downloading. That pain will pass soon enough.”

The vision was all she could see and hear…

Quote:
As Kayla looked up, she could see a Simon model leveling a gun at her head. As he slowly pulled the trigger, the hunted Cylon glimpsed a figure standing behind the cylon. She couldn’t make out her features, but the voice was not Cylon.

In fact, the unknown woman’s voice was hard and held a gloating satisfaction. “She is an obstacle in your path," she said to the Simon model. It sounded like an order. "Remove her."

Kayla shook and pulled her hand away from the Simon unit. Terrified, she screamed, “NOOOOOOOOO!!!”

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:00 pm 
Site Headhunter
Open space
On the other side of NGC-9155
Day 70

Two people worked their way across the hull of the mighty battlestar. With them were tools to carry out a patch repair on the flight pod. As they looked out on the fleet, one man smiled.

“At least we made it through all that, Roy.”

“True, Bryan. Once again, the commander worked a miracle.”

“That he did.”

The men spent the next few hours patching the recent damage on the Mercury class battlestar. After they completed their work, Roy looked down at the ship name plate. “The old lady proved she is one tough old bitch.”

“That she is, buddy.” Bryan paused as he looked at Roy. “Time to get inside, we’re done here.”

“Yeah, I need some coffee.” Roy looked down at the ship’s name and then back out at the fleet, in the distance, he could see two destroyers. Glad those two ships are out there as well…

The name plate of this ship does not say Intrepid

…it reads Libra.

End of Episode.
Episode 15 will start 5/3/08